A school website is an exciting project as there are a great many factors that will dictate it’s success. Not only the underlying SEO to ensure that the website can be found but other important aspects such as design, usability, management and important compliance requirements specified by OFSTED.
- Design, to ensure that the presentation caters for both parents and children
- User interface, to make it fun and engaging yet informative and easy to find content
- Content, necessary content for children, parents and compliance, i.e. ethos and values, term dates, etc
- Ease of use, to ensure that school staff can operate the site easily to keep it up to date
- Map integration, to ensure that the school can be easily found
- Social media, linking to and integration with social media, as required
- Accessibility, high-contrast versions of the site as an alternative theme
- OFSTED requirements, to ensure that all aspects are included to pass inspection
I would work very closely with the school to produce a project plan to ensure that the whole website process runs smoothly, from design, to development, to content population and eventual go-live.
For an informal no obligation chat to discuss what your school is looking for in a website, call me on 01903 331311 or contact me via the website.
“Working with Rob on the Bagshot Infant School website was a really positive, creative experience; he was responsive and inventive with the design brief and also delivered a website that meets the needs of the whole school community in its private learning space and yet also presents an attractive and inviting website for prospective families looking to place their little ones in a school in which they believe they will thrive. The end result is a bright, vibrant and inclusive site that has received many compliments from within and beyond the school community including other local schools.”
“Rob is an enthusiastic and skilled communicator and is also very committed to every stage of the project process which makes working with him effortless. I wouldn’t hesitate to work with him again in the future.”
Helen Connolly, on behalf of Bagshot Infant School
Anyone searching for the school will be searching for it by name therefore it’s important that the site appears prominently on Google whether searching for ‘bagshot infant school‘ or ‘bagshot school‘ where the website consistently appears at the top of the results.